View Single Post

Old 08-31-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental1 View Post
With regard to Vietnam.....based on what I read they were successful during the first wave of the pandemic thanks to strict isolation rules (that surely wouldn't go over well here). They are now suffering a huge spike in cases because only about 1.8% of the population is vaccinated and the Delta variant is running wild because it's more contagious. You made it sound like their spike in cases is due to the vaccine. Perhaps Facebook wouldn't allow debate on this specific subject because it's not debating the facts.
You make my point. Here's what I read:

"As of early June, almost no one in Vietnam was vaccinated. Today, almost 20 percent of the country has received at least one dose. On August 23 they have implemented this so-called Directive 16 for two weeks which is like martial law at this point...

Areas in the red zones are not allowed to shop at supermarkets for two weeks. Supposedly their plan was to have the military do the shopping for you and they can deliver it at your doorstep."

I trust my source so I think I'm correct. So who is going determine the 'facts'? Do you really think Facebook is qualified to do so? With healthy debate, we'd share sources and probably come to a consensus which fact is correct. Plus, the current administration admits its working with FB to control misinformation. What could possibly go wrong?

This isn't about science and facts. It's about power and control.