View Single Post

Old 09-01-2021, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I didn't quit my job at Publix because of angry customers. Been in retail too long to let them get the best of me. Ugly is ugly whether there's a pandemic or not.

But it's definitely an upside to not having to work anymore. I can now stand up to ANYONE throwing that kind of abuse at me, without worrying about losing my job. You have a problem with me wearing a mask? Tough. You have a problem with me telling you to back the heck up if you're getting too close? Good luck with getting me to shut up about it. It'll just make me louder now. I never liked people breathing down my neck before the pandemic, you bet your sweet bippy I won't stand for it now.

You don't like me giving you dirty looks when you cough in the store, and don't cover your mouth? Well then next time, cover your damned mouth.

And yes I will be vocal about it now. Because I'm no longer being paid to care what anyone else thinks.

Adding - and if I'm in line and the person in front of me is abusing the cashier, calling them stupid just because they're trying to do their job - you better believe I'll be coming to that cashier's defense.
I am not vaccinated but I also have the antibodies as the results of my blood analysis show, and I don't begrudge anyone wearing a mask; that is their choice. We live in a free country.
What I do is treat everyone with dignity and respect and I don't let anger overcome me when I see someone being abusive. If someone is abusive towards me, I simply smile and move on. These people are not worthy of my time and attention. Let them be angry, I choose to be happy and kind towards others.
Anger is a sign of weakness and it's the punishment we give ourselves for someone else's mistake. What a concept.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.