View Single Post

Old 09-05-2021, 05:14 AM
Default Hacienda Hills Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Just finished playing Lakes-Oaks. Should have stayed in bed.

The fairway grass is already sparse and patchy, some areas are burned out----looks something like our winter "rough". However, go 2 inches off the fairway and you might lose your ball in 3 inch Bermuda (in places), other places are already hardpan.

The greens , frankly, $ucked. Running a solid 5 on the stimpmeter or less No consistency, almost impossible to hit a 30 footer hard enough to get it to the hole, bumpy, irregular and boasting 17 "lumpy donuts"

The sand traps looked OK, I managed to avoid all of them so I'm not sure what they were like.

And the Coup de gras was the practice green; it looked like Dr. Zeuss's worst nightmare. It prompted my playing partner to quip: "They should have demolished the practice green and left the clubhouse standing"

And to top it off, the two groups ahead of us finished 26 minutes behind pace (to which the "ambassador" stated---"it's busy today")

Do yourself a favor and stay away!

Stay Away!
I played Palms to the Lakes on Friday and the greens were terrible. You couldn't hit the ball hard enough to get to the hole. The fairways are barren and the roughs were tall enough to hide golf balls. Lots of spots that need fill. and grass. Pathetic condition. One of the guys said that's because the $ is all going south. He's probably right. I live on the Palms and I know they try, but it really needs a lot more than a try...