View Single Post

Old 09-11-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

I support Medicare being allowed to negotiate prices. But the proposals being suggested which despite overwhelming public support, may still not have enough Congressional support are weak tea. They are only suggesting negotiating for a very narrow number of medications.

I did try to find out my Senator's opinions on Medicare negotiating drug costs.

I will remove the names to avoid the prohibition about political postings

From 2016 [last time I can find something from this Senator]
Quote:
[redacted], who received $221,000 in campaign contributions from the pharmaceutical industry, says Medicare isn't the answer. He says the issue is the Federal Drug Administration needs to approve drugs quicker, leading to more competition and lower prices.

We asked [redacted] how much he is influenced by the contributions from the industry, which put him in the top 10 in the Senate and he said. ”None, because people buy into my agenda. I don't buy into theirs.”
I cannot find a statement from my other Senator on Medicare negotiating drug prices. There must be one as this is a very commonly discussed topic in Florida. His opposition when he ran did in one of their releases say that candidate [redacted] opposed allowing Medicare negotiations but no link to that position.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	gal.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	90762