View Single Post

Old 09-13-2021, 07:43 AM
Default My favorite restaurant in The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
We went to the Lopez restaurant for the 4th time this year and the food was as great as it was the past 3 times. We went 3 times for dinner and the 4th time was for lunch. A few months ago at dinner I had the beef filet which was the best beef I have had in years! Very tender and delicious. This past visit was for lunch and out of their very extensive menu I selected pecan crusted salmon with a slight maple glaze. It came with rice and green beans and carrots. Everything was perfectly cooked and wonderfully flavored. I am not a fan of many of the country club restaurants but Lopez really stands out as my favorite.
By far better than the others, The Suileman family that owns it, has a gem of a Chef and a staff to prove it. The best wait staff too, we were there last night, I had the Chateaubriand which was wonderful, my wife had the almond encrusted haddock with shrimp, on our table of 6 all ordered different meals and all came out piping hot and tremendously tasty. The House Manager Michael is also terrific, they have this one running as it should. The setting is also great. We are VIP’s at both Havana’s and Nancy Lopez and really have a favorite which is The Legacy at Nancy Lopez.