View Single Post

Old 09-13-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Why are you talking about subsidizing the world when my response to you had nothing to do with subsidizing the rest of the world? Why do you keep changing the topic in response to my responses to your posts?

The thread is about whether or not people feel Medicare should negotiate for better drug prices. My response to that question is no. My response to that question is:

Medicare is a government program. The government should not be negotiating prices for ONE segment of the population based on their age. ONLY people age 65 or older are eligible for Medicare, therefore ONLY people 65 or older would be eligible for better prices if the government only negotiated better prices for people with Medicare coverage.

If the government is going to negotiate for better prices, they should negotiate for better prices for the entire country - not JUST people age 65 or older who have chosen Medicare coverage for prescriptions.
We could get the same effect with Medicare For All. You pay into Medicare as now, but are covered cradle to grave and F.. big pharma.