Thread: Psychiatrists?
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1golfergal View Post
Unless you are a trained diagnostician.... how can you determine that she needs "medication"? The others are absolutely correct.... what she needs more than anything right now is Grief Support and potentially speaking with a Counsellor. Unless she has a prior "mental health" history that you are aware (or her family) of.... then a Psychiatrist is NOT the answer.... If she lost her Husband and he was under Hospice care she is eligible for a minimum of 1 year follow up grief support. This is my background and expertise so I know what I am talking about. She is lucky to have a neighbor who cares about her to reach out... I just feel your suggestion for medication and a Psych Doc is a little out there. Maybe there are things going on that are none of any one on here's business and totally respect that... maybe she truly does need a Psych eval... I don't know.... but no sleep/no eat/no church does by no means mean you a mentally ill. It might mean you lost the love of your life and best friend and have no clue how you will go on. She will... she needs love/support and maybe some help... NOT friggin medication. Just my two cents. But, thank you for reaching out.... and, hopefully, if a Psych Doc is truly needed you will get some awesome recommendations on here.
I agree. The meds she is seeking are just a band aid...which is OK for some temporary relief. But, as we all know, they do not work long term.....Yes, it's tough to get through this, but Grief share, keeping busy, and making new friends is a way forward. Maybe it will not work for her, but it does work for most.