View Single Post

Old 09-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Totally agree.

I'm just going to re-post what I posted on another thread on the same subject which was closed because, as usual, people could not keep their dumb political comments to themselves.

Background----I posted that this decision should not be left to parents or even school boards because 90+% of them lack the knowledge to make such a decision. The usual culprit, and rather lamely this time, stated that I insulted 90+% of parents, and then quipped "My child has a temp of 103. Hello congressman, what should I do"

So here was my response:

Yes, when the topic is the understanding of the virology and epidemiology of a COVID pandemic and the value of masks for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated, adults and children, I AM going to insult 90+% of not only parents, but all adults as well. It is simply NOT a decision that should be left to either amateurs or politicians.

BTW, It's hardly an "insult". If you tell me I don't have the expertise to land an F-16 on the deck of an aircraft carrier, are you insulting me?

and as a to: "My child has a fever of 103. Hello, congressman. What should I do?"---How about "Hello, pediatrician, what should I do"?
Why should anyone in the Villages care about whether children are put in harm's way? Their kids are all grown.

Let the parents of today's schoolkids decide whether or not to teach their kids to look both ways before crossing the street. Let them decide whether or not to give their kids a shotgun for their 10th birthday, or let their 12-year-old take the golf cart for a spin when they visit. Let the parents of today's kids decide whether or not they should be inconvenienced by a mask so that they don't catch a deadly disease that they aren't eligible to vaccinate against yet.

Let them decide whether or not to let them play with fireworks in the back yard.

Let them decide whether or not to bring up irresponsible children who were never taught that common sense is a good thing to have, and that as members of civilization, they are expected to grow up to be civilized adults.

Y'all had your turn making those decisions for YOUR kids. If the generation failed, it's because you failed them. Now sit back and let them raise or kill their own children as they see fit.