View Single Post

Old 09-17-2021, 12:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I have walked around on a couple golf courses, trying to stay out of the way of anyone playing. And have been told I am not supposed to be on it unless playing golf.

That sounds reasonable.

I know I can walk along the road and photograph the courses if I want to. But, I can't always get the shot I want that way.

Is there someplace/someone I can call to find out about the rules concerning photographing on the courses? What I am thinking of is finding a friend that is going out to play a round and "riding along" with them. BUT. The golf course is private property (unlike the road) and so, it is up to the owners of the course whether or not I can take photo's there.

I have NO desire to take anyones photo's that does not want them taken. If you have seen some of my photo's from on the courses you will notice there is almost no way to recognize anyone that happens to be in the shot. If someone is close enough to recognize, I normally edit them out of the shot. If someone does want a photo, I don't mind taking it and providing it to them.

Suggestions?
I see your problem, and I guess your solution is to ride along with a golfer like you wrote.
Just be aware of hearing some golfing lingo out there that you wouldn't find in the dictionary....

Have you visited the hiking trails?