View Single Post

Old 09-17-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Don't agree. My granddaughter just came down with covid. Fully vaccinated less than 4 months ago. Lives in WA State which has in and outdoor mask mandate. She's doing fine, thanks, with sore throat and runny nose. Vaccine didn't give her protection or herd immunity. After she recovers, however, then she'll have both. Kids with compromised immunity should get the vaccine. The rest; no masks or vaccines. That's how we'll get to herd immunity.
Thanks for sharing your family's story. I have a similar one. Two members of my family have been fully vaccinated since late March and got Covid first week in August, so about 4 months later. One just had bad cold symptoms, the other had to go into the hospital for a couple of days (had a compromised immune system).

As you wisely stated, natural immunity acquired from the virus will give you longer lasting immunity than the vaccine. I have a feeling it only lasts a couple of months at best. I'm fully vaccinated but I'm certainly not going to get mRNA boosters every few months. As you said it should only be given to those at high risk of complications because it doesn't prevent infection, you can still carry and shed it to others, and even those who have been vaccinated can still get it, so what's the point?