View Single Post

Old 09-17-2021, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
When bikes stop they lose momentum. On multimodal paths you stop, a lot.

On multimodal paths there are many types of vehicles and walkers which travel at different speeds creating obstacles. Walkers are generally unaware that bikes are behind them no matter how much you signal, speak, or yell. They fail to yeild

Golf carts are unaware of physics, that on four wheels you take corners very slowly and bikes do not. Many golf cart operators are rude and operate their carts in dangerous ways.

Roads do not have tunnels. No tunnels mean you can maintain cadence. Pedal cadence is important to cyclists.

Finally, and some what obvious by now: multimodal paths are dangerous for cyclists. It is legal for cyclists to operate on the road, not so for most golf carts, and not so for walkers when a sidewalk is available.

I hope this answers the question.
That does answer it, thanks. i don’t drive my golf cart anywhere, as I’m in a newer section and there’s no place to go yet. I do however ride my bike and agree about momentum and really agree about walkers never knowing I’m coming up behind them. But I only ride my bike so much here because they have so many bike baths. I love it. No golf carts allowed. Thanks again.