View Single Post

Old 09-18-2021, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrodog1 View Post
I own a small dog, less than 20 lbs. I have lived in 4 different neighborhoods here in TV, now 3 of these neighborhoods, I have seen pit bull dogs living up to 20 houses away from me, which we see 1-2 times per week on our walks. Each and every time I walk my little dog and see the pit bull dogs, they stop and spot my little dog and crouch down with their heads and focus on my dog. I stay away from the area where I have seen them walking, and I immediately leave the area, whether by walking or golf cart. It is very scary, and the owners are oblivious to their pit bulls behavior. I noticed their dogs have plain regular collars on their necks and could very easily pull away! The dog shelters are full of pit bull dogs or crossbreds of them.
Most dogs that lower their heads and front half to another dog are showing play mode.
Alpha stance is upright and full on.
Having said that, still wise to give unknown dogs a wide birth until you are confident with them.
Most of my bad experiences with stroppy dogs, have always been with the small ones punching above their weight.
Than your God Chihuahua's were born small!