View Single Post

Old 09-20-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
Thank you everyone for responding. This turned out to be a bit of a comedy of errors (on my part). The cable modem/router we were using was fried yesterday, despite being on a so-called surge protected power strip AND having the SECO surge protector. Anyway, I replaced it with the old cable modem router we had (that I thought worked, just was slow). Any we had internal wifi (printers, etc) but no internet connection. Got hold of a live person at Comcast (that was fun!) and they confirmed that they could not see the modem from their end. Set up an appt for tomorrow. Meanwhile, I went to Best Buy and purchased a new modem/router, hooked it up and everything works! Apparently, the modem part of the old modem/router had died at some point.
Cancelled the Comcast appt and we are back online.
Sorry to hear of your debacle. We had the same thing on August 7th. It took us a month to fix/replace all things that got fried. ($3000+) Thinking the surge came through the irrigation or water lines. Really! But, a clarification on the SECO surge protector. If the surge doesn’t come through the surge protector, they’re not responsible. Ours didn’t. And, THEY ONLY REPAIR NOT REPLACE motorized items like the refrigerator and AC compressor. Things like TVs, computers, dishwasher, etc. ARE NOT COVERED! Wondering why we are paying for that surge protector. We even purchased SECO’s recommended in-home surge protectors for TV, computer, etc. thinking we had to, to be fully protected. Stupid us!