View Single Post

Old 09-21-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It's really nice to cruise along in my car without having to stop/slow down/change lanes for cyclists. ONLY 15 mph slower than the speed limit?????? That's like a car doing 55 on the interstate. <sarcasm>

In reality, I have no problem with cyclists on the roads with one exception-----they ARE REQUIRED to follow vehicular traffic laws, but frequently do not. The best example is blowing through the yield signs at a RB in a pack of 20. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO YIELD. PERIOD. I don't care if it disturbs your "pedal cadence". Too bad. When I have to yield in a car or cart, it disturbs my rhythm as well. What disturbs me more is coming around a RB and having to brake as 20 cyclists continue to blow through a yield sign. And I mean come to a complete stop for these clowns. You are NOT a funeral procession. You have no special privileges. If you want to exercise your "right" to be on a main road, then you should obey the rules that accompany that right. And then God forbid you lean on your horn----note the one finger salutes en masse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I don't know how "speeding" entered into this post, but I agree with you about the problems in a RB. Actually, I don't really have a problem with cyclists who have already started entering the RB, my problem is when I'm coming around and a pack of cyclists just blow through the yield sign right in front of me so that I have to brake hard---I always hope the car behind me is paying attention
When that happens the group of cyclists are 100% not following the rules and in the wrong, I hope it's not a common occurrence. It would irritated me too...and I'm a cyclist.

On a different subject, I've seen a few posts complaining of cyclists taking up the whole lane and need to comment. The size of the lanes in TV are such that if you are riding 2' left of the white line and a car needs at least 3' to safely pass. So the right side of your car needs to be at least 5 feet left of the white line and the lane simply isn't wide enough to fit your car around a single cyclist without moving into the L lane. Since you need to move into the L lane anyway, does it really matter if two cyclists are riding side by side?

Joe