Thread: Home Insurance
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2021, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettys1 View Post
My brother is trying to close on his manufactured home an they can't get there loan unless they find insurance that is reasonable. I don't think $4300 is price gouging . The mortgage company said they have never heard of a price like that in 20 plus years. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated
Good luck. Manufactured homes are difficult particularly older ones. YIKES! $4300 for homeowners is obscene for a home that size (we pay $800/yr for full coverage, including sinkhole on a 2/2 Colony 12yrs old with 6 yr old roof). When we were looking for a home here 3 years ago we checked out a few manu homes as we REALLY liked the area and were warned about insurance costs. Taking that yearly cost into consideration might make one look elsewhere where it is cheaper.

Generally speaking just tossing out insurance prices is really meaningless because there are so many variables from home to home. Only answer is to keep comparing. You can always cancel a policy with very little penalty when you are under less pressure and find a better deal.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.