View Single Post

Old 09-22-2021, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
Hello! One of my dearest friends is seriously considering moving to The Villages. The issue is, she and her husband love to bike. They will often take their bikes with them when vacationing. I’ve been here less than a year, so not that long, but I haven’t seen any bike trails around. Bicyclists in The Villages, can you help her? Where are the trails, and would you recommend her living here if biking is so important to them? [Full disclosure, they’re also considering Hilton Head, which does have bike trials, so I’ve heard]

Thank-you for your input!

I bike seven days per week in the Villages on the multimodal trails. However, when I wish to do true trail riding, we throw our bikes on our car rack and go to one of many fantastic trails in central Florida.

The Santos Trail is fabulous - 15.5 miles one way - 2 miles north of Belleview

The Gainesville - Hawthorne trail is wonderful

The Withlacoochee State Trail can be accessed in about one hour west of the Villages and is one of Florida's longest trails.

The General James A. Van Fleet State Trail about one hour south of the Villages is perhaps our favorite. It is 29 miles long (all paved) and goes through largely swampland. We have seen so much wildlife, including many alligators each trip, multiple kinds of snakes, birds, turtles, otters, deer, etc.

We have also done several trails two or more hours from the Villages. Florida is a biking paradise.

Last edited by toeser; 09-22-2021 at 02:14 PM.