View Single Post

Old 09-26-2021, 06:01 AM
Default Booster shot

I got my booster shot of Moderna at Publix. If you want one just schedule it

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
MSM is reporting that Moderna has not received EAU for booster shots, even for immunocompromised people. People who have received their immunizations from Moderna will just have to wait for their booster shots. They even said that thousands of people have already received Moderna booster shots that should not have received them because Moderna booster shots are not yet authorized. I heard this from Lester Holt (NBC) and from Nora O'Donnell (CBS). I know many of you do not consider these news sources to be reliable so now I'm starting to wonder just how reliable they are. Can't believe I even said that!

I went to the Johns Hopkins website, as recommended by someone on another thread. Johns Hopkins states that they are administering Pfizer and Moderna booster shots to those who have a "qualifying medical condition". This is from the Johns Hopkins website, FAQ..........

"Is Johns Hopkins offering third shots of the Covid-19 vaccines?
Yes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for people who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines and have a qualifying medical condition, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A third shot has been authorized only for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

People with a qualifying medical condition who have received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are eligible to get an additional dose of the same vaccine at select Johns Hopkins Medicine vaccination clinics. Eligible people must schedule a COVID-19 vaccine third dose in advance, as follows:

Schedule online through MyChart. View scheduling instructions.
Schedule by phone at 443-997-1875, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The FDA and CDC continue to evaluate data regarding the need for additional doses for other populations. For now, those who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine are not eligible to receive any additional doses of any authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Read more about getting a COVID-19 third dose at Johns Hopkins Medicine."

This is the Johns Hopkins website with this information. I consider Johns Hopkins to be a reliable source......

COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance for Johns Hopkins Medicine Patients | Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Updates