View Single Post

Old 09-28-2021, 04:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darield View Post
Maybe I wasn't specific enough, it isn't about getting meds, it could be about a blood pressure machine that stopped working, or any other number of things. This isn't about divulging personal information. Even when I lived in a town of 50,000, we had an all night pharmacy or an all night Walmart. It isn't about not packing your medicines in your overnight bag. I gave 2 examples out of hundreds of reasons that an all-night pharmacy or Walmart is needed.

For those that don't think this is important, that's fine. For those that think we should have at lease one all night store for emergencies, I gave the information to contact the stores.
Our granddaughter works at a CVS 7p to 7a. She calls it bunch of money going in her pocket for very little work. Usually in a week, clientele buys non essential items. About once a month a new mom comes in, little frightened, because baby has a fever, cough, constipation. Usually not life threatening, but once in a blue moon needs a script that should have been filled days ago, just didn’t have the time,
A blood pressure machine would be in a medical facility. A battery operated BP cuff, is accurate or not, depending on the batteries or the user. I have taken 10 brands to the OR is compare with on board anesthesia machine cuff. Found some close, but 3 hours later very different results.

If you can drive to a CVS in the middle of the night for a BP cuff, you are not close to needed a 24 pharmacy. In the wee hours. if you are given a script from the ED or late discharge, you are sent home with what’s called a quick fill of 1-3 days until you can get to a pharmacy.

Now if your epi pen can’t be found, you need to call 911, cause you will never get in your car, much less to CVS.