Thread: What Do I Do?
View Single Post

Old 09-30-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiF View Post
Ladies - I’m packing for our move and I have a question. We aren’t getting a big house, most likely a small designer or bungalow villa so kitchen space will be iffy. All my kitchenware, dishes, glasses, silverware etc. are at least services for 12 and even 14. And lots of serving pieces. That’s because I cook a lot and regularly host meals. In Florida, until we get to know people and get involved at church, it’ll mostly be family who visit and sometimes friends (2-4). So I’m debating on bringing down so much kitchen stuff. What did you do? Did you wish you had? Or sorry you brought it all? We’re paying a moving company so that makes a difference too. I love what I have and hate to get rid of it. Hopefully I get a nice big pantry closet! 🤞
Here come all the comments from people telling you to sell everything before you move and only come with your underwear! That's silly. Bring what makes you happy, you will find space. My great grandmother's Haviland china I pawned off on my sister, and the extra gadgets and bakeware that doesn't fit in my designer kitchen I have stored in totes on a stainless rack in the garage (I have a 2 + golf garage). I donated a lot of household items to a charity resale shop before I moved. I gave some treasures to family, thinking that most of my 'stuff' will end up at an estate sale when I croak. It is true that I have done less fancy cooking and baking since moving down, but some of that could be due to the pandemic. Pack the things you can't live without first, then be practical about the rest before you move. You will find a happy medium, and good luck with your move.