Thread: What Do I Do?
View Single Post

Old 10-01-2021, 01:42 PM
Default Bring very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiF View Post
Ladies - I’m packing for our move and I have a question. We aren’t getting a big house, most likely a small designer or bungalow villa so kitchen space will be iffy. All my kitchenware, dishes, glasses, silverware etc. are at least services for 12 and even 14. And lots of serving pieces. That’s because I cook a lot and regularly host meals. In Florida, until we get to know people and get involved at church, it’ll mostly be family who visit and sometimes friends (2-4). So I’m debating on bringing down so much kitchen stuff. What did you do? Did you wish you had? Or sorry you brought it all? We’re paying a moving company so that makes a difference too. I love what I have and hate to get rid of it. Hopefully I get a nice big pantry closet! 🤞
We moved here 6 years ago. The cost to move everything was exorbitant so I decided to give away almost all my stuff and I’m glad I did. I even sold my silver to a jeweler. I found out how little I actually used and I can buy stuff at estate sales for good prices if I need it. Just my opinion. Welcome to The Villages.