Thread: Dress code
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2021, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
he last wedding we attended my wife made me wear my golf shoes since my only other options are steel toed work boots or crocs.

My MA office work attire, starting in my 40's, became golf attire, as suits were not needed for non customer facing jobs. the company headquarters being in Boca Raton didn't hurt either. I gave up suits over 20 years ago, except for funerals or as needed at events.For shoes, there are "mountain shoes" which are brown colored sneakers?

The nation has lost its agricultural / industrial formalities, and to a certain degree, with the lack of physical danger with technology, the safety aspects of working with physical equipment. Those lessons are not being passed down and are being forgotten.

Anyway, to whomever argued the difference between a polo shirt and a golf shirt, whatever, that's why the requirements are a collar, because there are several different names and types of shirts with collars. . .

And in case people missed it, there are people who don't follow rules, for whatever reasons, but they just don't, and when people think the customer is always right for some sort of discrimination, well then, the rules don't apply. . .

Whatever, just keep up with the group ahead of you. Sometimes its tough, and sometimes people don't care about that as well.