View Single Post

Old 10-20-2021, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
In my master bathroom, there is almost six feet of counter space with an outlet on each side. To the left of that is the toilet with no outlet. To the right is the shower. Between the bathroom door and the shower there is enough room to hang a few towels from hooks, but not enough for a heated towel rack. The only place to mount one is in front of the toilet. (There is a pocket door, 28”, and the space between the door and the drywall is too shallow for an outlet, so the only place is the three feet in front of the toilet.). One wouldn’t want to have a portable towel warmer on the counter, and one wouldn’t want a power cord running across the bathroom floor. Thus, either the towel rack would need to be hard-wired into a circuit or it would require a new GFCI outlet. Both of these are jobs for electricians, generally. In my guest bath, there is only one outlet, above the counter next to the door. Same problem.

My solution may not be popular with most, but it works. After I shower, I leave the door closed and wipe myself down with my still warm washcloth in my still warm shower enclosure, wringing out the washcloth several times. Then I grab the towel hanging just above the shower door, pull it into the warm shower enclosure, and dry everything but my feet. When I step out of the shower, I’m dry, so I don’t get chilled. I don’t need a warm towel. (Actually, before grabbing the towel, I use a squeegee on the entire shower compartment, including the floor, so it will dry quickly.)
This reminds me. While I do not use a towel warmer in TV, I did up north. Then I had a different idea. I remembered that at the ski chalet the floor was heated. I bought a bathroom space heater. Why not have the whole place toasty when you use it? I tried the towel warmer but the towels cooled off too quickly.