View Single Post

Old 10-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I'm curious as to what those who tout the assertion that natural protection from getting Covid is more effective/longer lasting than the vaccines, will end up doing. While the science is still being sorted out, the consensus by most experts is that natural immunity will also wane at some point, so what are they planning on doing - go out and get Covid again? And that highly touted, but limited, Israeli study ignores the actual risks of getting the disease. So, good luck with your second infection.

PolitiFact | Immunity gained from COVID-19 infection ignores the risks of getting the disease

Hmm, my daughter has been covid infected twice now and both times the effects were less severe than a common cold. Her cardiologist told her NOT to get the vaccination since she has plenty of antibodies/immunity AND he was concerned about any side effects to HER from the vaccine. She is doing fine, other than her employer trying to pressure her into getting vaccinated by making her get tested every week and paying more for her health insurance. By the way, her husband that suffers from some lung or sinus problem and has trouble breathing, had covid as well as her two children. None of them severe enough to go to the hospital. All tested positive for the virus and showed some symptoms.

Not trying to trivialize covid. Just saying that one size does not fit all. I bet that many of those rushing to get the booster, do not need it (yet).