View Single Post

Old 10-21-2021, 01:42 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Our son, in Wisconsin, just did this. Our first thought was...but it isn't all that sunny in Winter there. I never thought of it til friends of ours in the 80's built a "energy efficient" house....windows facing south and none to the north. That friend told me they'd not thought of it neither til after the fact but stated they found it wasn't worth it in the long run. THEN I've read comments here like V.T. and it seems just like another O.P. said..."like a time-share pitch". So t'will be "interesting" to see what our son finds out in the long run.
Hi NotGolfer. Thanks for posting!

As far as Wisconsin, I really don't know that market, but you can't really compare solar in WI to solar in FL, It would be like comparing snow in WI to snow in FL. They just don't get the amount of sun we get down here all year long. I'm not saying it won't work in WI, I'm just saying solar works 100% of the time in Florida and will always save the homeowner money from day 1 compared to what you are paying on your current electric bill. Most Northern States take 3-5 years to cost less, which is why most offer a State incentive or have a SREC program.

I'm not sure what makes solar a "time-share pitch"? Is it offering free pizza for a solar presentation? I thought it sounded fun, but ok?

:-)

Have a great afternoon