View Single Post

Old 10-21-2021, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Interesting because I had a SIMILAR but OPPOSITE experience with FAMILY FURNITURE just 2 months ago. I bought KNOWINGLY INEXPENSIVE (because we couldn't afford "the best" and knew from shopping around that a "motion" sofa and "motion" loveseat set for $3000 was far from "the best") furniture from them when we moved in here in Feb 2017. No matter what a salesman says should always be considered "puffing." The best furniture, the best tires, blah blah blah.

ANYWAY we also took out the useless warranty (knowing nomal wear and tear is never covered by any warranty) because there were LOTS of motors and switches and about 2 months ago the foam & filling on our 3 1/2 year old 2 reclining seats on the sofa collapsed (my wife is 95lbs and I am about 2x that). Called the warranty company and they to refused the repair because the fine print says it isn't covered. Had I spilled coffee on it, or tore it with a knife, or hemorrhaged on it it would have been covered (which was in the back of my mind after they declined).

Called Family Furniture and told them the warranty company wouldn't cover it so they immediately sent out their guy to check it out, they immediately ordered replacement foam & dacron filling and the day after the stuff came in had someone come out and repair it which required removal of the upholstery without a single attempt to ask for any payment (I was more than willing to pay for it and they knew it). The upholstery was "re-applied" perfectly as well.

2 similar experiences with 2 different outcomes. I'd buy from them again in a second. The furniture brand was "Southern Motion". Could it have been a different attitude in the approach to the dealer?
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 10-21-2021 at 06:28 PM.