View Single Post

Old 10-26-2021, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliedog1950 View Post
I have my Xfinity Modem/Router sitting outside my TV cabinet in my family room. I have no problem with wifi reception to the family room TV and our Chromebooks anywhere in our home or outside in the lanai. However; my lanai TV is only 4 feet from the modem/router and I constantly lose the wifi connection when watching wifi youtube TV. It happens when watching live sports, 15 times during the Packer game. The signal needs to travel only 4 feet through an insulated wall, I tried a wifi booster/extender and that did not help. Is the Xfinity combination modem/router that poor?
while some have said that stucco wall, I'd start with the TV since most lanai TVs are cheapo crap from walmart. but first GO PACK GO!

get speedtest app on your phone. run it in different spots of your house/lanai and notice the difference in performance. If on the lanai you get no loss and typical performance it's your TV. Personally I have never had any problem inside or outside, even though all the companies supply a horrid modem/router which I usually circumvent anyway.

do the test, you'll get the answer before you put a hole in the wall