View Single Post

Old 10-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
And yes, the Pharmacists are now expected to multi-task and still NOT make any mistakes. In the medical fields, doctors/nurses/pharmacists/techs/CNA's (all medical folks) are being pushed to the brink. I'm a nurse and there are many 12 hr. shifts where I don't eat lunch until 5 pm. (My shifts start at 7 am). Go to the bathroom ???? Forget that. Most of the time, there's not even time to stop and drink fluids. You have to choose; eat, drink, stop to pee ----- and go home late and risk reprimand for overtime pay ----- or just keep on pushing through so you get out on time. I feel really bad for that PHARMACIST.

Wow, sounds like the life of a police officer. Of course, when a police officer makes a mistake and shoots the wrong person, no one "feels really bad for" him or her. Regardless of how busy someone is when involved in a dangerous procedure, they KNOW by training what they are supposed to do. When my wife was given the wrong prescription mixed in with the correct medication, that was a serious mistake. I caught it before any damage was done, so I returned to the pharmacy and quietly informed the pharmacist. No harm, no foul. But, it was potentially a dangerous situation. I could have lost her. But, I didn't and I corrected the situation. I can only imagine how the parents would have felt if they would have lost one or both of their children due to a negligent action, perhaps due to the work force being stretched too thin, or someone having a bad day.