View Single Post

Old 11-04-2021, 11:24 PM
Default Yellowing palm please take a look. Polo Ridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
So many reasons fronds turn yellow. Could be natural aging of lower limbs. Poor handling prior to/during installation is VERY common. Poor watering practices. Overwatering if in a clay 'bowl' underground. under-watering if very sandy and a water loving palm (Massey was turning off bubblers on newly planted palms in Osceola a few years ago, I hope I put a stop to that). Fla soil is alkaline, so if you are not acidifying your soil , your tree is not picking up those badly needed micro-nutrients it needs, EVEN IF you are using even the best of fertilizers out there. There are bud beetles, Decline syndrome, physical storm damage.. There are volumes out there on disease and insects, but the most common things, are either not a problem or caused by the install. And again EVERYONE, should be adjusting the pH. Why the rest of the 'pros' out there don't address pH is beyond me.

In the end, there are only a handful of experts out there, and even fewer who will tell you the truth if it isn't putting money in their pocket. If you are N of HWY 44, PM me and I will look at it, and let you know what I think.
3278 Woodridge Dr. Please take a look. Thanks