View Single Post

Old 11-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I would think it would come down to no income = no food and no shelter regardless of wages, benefits and working conditions. Which begs the question: Just where did all the workers go?????

I hate to trash businesses, especially restaurants in TV, but Augustine 1812 might have been the worst restaurant experience ever. Made a reservation for 5:30 prior to a show at the Sharon, then picked my menu selection from their website. When we arrived, they asked if we've heard about their buffet. We replied no thanks, we'll just order off the menu, only to find out there was no menu. They might have mentioned that at the time the reservation was made. Regarding reservation, they stated they only had 5-5:30 available, which was fine for us prior to the show, but the restaurant was less than half full right through 7:00 o'clock. The "buffet" consisted of a pot of soup, a meager salad station, and 3 pans that were supposed to be lasagna, chicken alfredo, and past primavera. At 5:55 they were "out" of lasagna and substituted tasteless spinach tortellini. The chicken alfredo was watery and the pasta overcooked. There was a pot of meatballs that was the only thing edible, as well as some pizza.
We saw a server whom we knew from other restaurants and asked what was going on. The short story is that they can't get kitchen help---kids right out of high school want to start at $25/ hour with benefits and 4 weeks vacation! Pretty pathetic, especially since this server said the owners are very generous and he was getting paid more than twice as much as his prior job. Does this mean "the kids" that would normally take these entry level jobs are living on mommy's basement couch and playing video games and Instagram all day long??? (probably not, no basements in FL)
Is this our future?????
if there so generous why aren’t people coming to work for them ., many restaurants are doing well and not just big places , tropical smoothie and Starbucks have so many people behind counter there bumping into each other, I wonder why ? Hmmm maybe they pay better