View Single Post

Old 11-14-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We had Steve Mansfield come out to do an estimate for a substantial re-do/upgrade of 17 year old landscaping.

In my 85 years I assumed I had met the most of many different characters in business.

UNTIL YESTERDAY!!

Most rude, impolite, self assuming, bombastic boar!!

No notes.
No measurements.
A for show scribble of a note on his hand.
Has your number written on his finger.
Does not want to hear that you are getting other quotes.
Once he gives you his outta the ballpark number, he continues to add to it with other details that come into his head.

Tells you to your face you have until he steps off your property to accept his offer....as he turns and walks to his truck.

I am struggling to remain polite.

I just read the TOTV posts about him from 2011.....most say the same as the above.

He is the owner and obviously doesn't care.

Steve is the classic vendor that is so busy he does not have to respect the customer.

This is the first time I have ever written any business up as my tolerance for rude and crude is pretty high (for many reasons).
There is no way to let this experience pass without fair warning to others. Yes he will have supporters....which I suspect are in the minority, but enough to do a good business.
Hmm sounds like an experience I had with Steve Munz of Galaxy back in 2012. I could tell he was likely the bully back in school. Came to my home to insult me after I rejected a bid for additional work after his people made several visits fixing wiring shorts under warranty. (They wired the house when constructed). I had gotten a bid for the same extra work from Lenhart that was HALF the amount and he didn't want to hear that. Stevie boy told me that I HAD to understand his high overhead and reputation. Huh? He was so bombastic I told him to get out of my house NOW! Thanks for the heads up. As a 30 year Disney Cast Member I have less than a zero tolerance for rude business people. Ron.