View Single Post

Old 11-14-2021, 09:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Mansfield is Bad News!

My own experience with Mansfield from some years ago, mirrors that of many others. I told him what I wanted and he didn't agree. How do you disagree with an oak tree unless you don't have the room for one??? Mind you, this was on the phone and he had never even seen my property. He also didn't like my choice of shrubs. One of his comments was that they don't use a certain plant any longer. What??!?

I find most of what he does looks like all his other jobs. He also has a thing for palms which I did not want and he bad-mouthed me for not wanting any on my property.

It is my understanding that he "rewards" those who write accolades and great comments regarding what he does. The reward is either monetary or in the form of landscape favors. I have no way of knowing if this is true but it wouldn't surprise me.

I finally had wonderful luck with Sabrina McGowan. She is knowledgeable and knows her stuff! She has some excellent ideas and follows through. I can recommend her from personal experience.