View Single Post

Old 11-15-2021, 07:52 AM
Default Circle K @ 466 & Southern Trace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
The Circle K located on the corner of 466 and Southern Trace is no longer affiliated with Shell. Bought gas for the golf cart this morning and my Shell Fuel Rewards card was “not recognized”. Ok, no big deal. The thing that irked me the most was now there is separate prices for using Circle K’s Easy Pay credit card and a regular credit or debit card. The difference is $.06 cents per gallon. The extra $.30 cents to fill-up the golf cart is not going to break me, but I just don’t like stations that charge more for folks that does not have the oil company’s affinity credit card. I don’t know if this change applies to all Circle K’s or just this location. Last Sunday the Circle K/Shell @ 441 and Santa Barbara was still a Shell station. Look like I will be bypassing the Circle K at Southern Trace.
It's more likely the discount reflects a cost reduction by using Circle K's Easy Pay card. Credit card companies charge a fee (between 1.5% and 2.5% per transaction) - 2% on a $3 gallon is 6 cents. In addition, before they let you charge, the pumps will access a validation source to make sure you card is good, that may also incur a fee. In either event, if you are using Circle K's card, their cost for handling the card "in house" could be close to zero.