View Single Post

Old 11-15-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
The Circle K located on the corner of 466 and Southern Trace is no longer affiliated with Shell. Bought gas for the golf cart this morning and my Shell Fuel Rewards card was “not recognized”. Ok, no big deal. The thing that irked me the most was now there is separate prices for using Circle K’s Easy Pay credit card and a regular credit or debit card. The difference is $.06 cents per gallon. The extra $.30 cents to fill-up the golf cart is not going to break me, but I just don’t like stations that charge more for folks that does not have the oil company’s affinity credit card. I don’t know if this change applies to all Circle K’s or just this location. Last Sunday the Circle K/Shell @ 441 and Santa Barbara was still a Shell station. Look like I will be bypassing the Circle K at Southern Trace.
It has gotten confusing to say the least. Endless debate about gasoline, My OPINION based on reading. All gasoline actually travels in the same pipeline. The difference is the detergent package added to the gasoline. Like any other generic product it will be cheaper but you have no way to know the quality of what you are buying. The detergent package is what keeps the carburetor, or fuel injector clean as well as the valves etc.
As far as Shell, They have one of the best detergent packages and they have a loyalty card that gets you ???? five cents off on a gallon and a grocery promotion where you pay
$40 for a $50 gift card when you spend a minimum of $50.