View Single Post

Old 11-17-2021, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Yes Home Depot sells them in all sizes and they also sell the replacement elements as well. But has anyone used any of the local plumbers? I was really surprised that my local plumber wasn't aware of this heater. My guess is that most people just replace their heater with the same standard unit. Either way the connection is standard just the Marathon is about 7 inches wider but i have space for it just don't have anymore height above 48 inches that the existing unit takes up.

As far as the anode rod, i undestand you can change it but it's not an easy job for the DIY'er and i don't have the height to pull the old rod out unless its totally gone and i would need a segmented rod to put back in. With the Marathon i would just need to change the heating elements and that's pretty easy.

My thoughts on the Marathon besides the anode rod is it's 2x the cost of a conventional heater but the tank will probably last several times more than the conventional heater and no need to do anything but drain it once a year. It's also like a big thermos bottle with foam insulation so over time it will probably be a little cheaper to run.

Last edited by jrref; 11-17-2021 at 09:02 AM.