View Single Post

Old 11-17-2021, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts
Default Question regarding mixing vaccine booster shots

A relative recently told me that they had received a Moderna booster shot for the J&J vaccination they had originally received. I was astonished as information on the two vaccinations shows that they are entirely different. The J&J is derived from infected animals (monkeys) and the Moderna is a mRNA technology. Seems to me that it is entirely different. After doing a bit of Internet surfing, I found that doctors are encouraging the mixing. That surprised me also.

So, my question is that if any booster is working for this, regardless of type of vaccine, then wouldn't that mean that a Moderna booster would also work for a flu shot? Sounds ridiculous, I know but if you can mix a virus derived vaccine with a mRNA booster, something sounds a bit fishy. I am starting to wonder if the booster even matters, as many doctors have already admitted that the vaccine will NOT eliminate infection or the passing on the infection to others. It seems that it may eliminate MOST infected from dying in the hospital, if anything.

Don't get me wrong, I have my vaccination. Apparently, the FDA or CDC are now discounting any chance of herd immunity, since immunity would indicate that you can't become infected by the illness.

The pandemic is still on many folks minds and they wish to discuss it, so this is NOT "just another Covid thread." Well, actually it is BUT folks are still concerned or you would not see many still wearing masks and still lining up for their shots....mostly boosters. And that is the point of this, BOOSTERS.