Thread: Junk email help
View Single Post

Old 11-20-2021, 08:52 PM

If you buy your own domain name through a low-cost registrar like Namecheap, you can get inexpensive email from them that includes a very powerful spam filter at their server level, so it never reaches you. Then you can log in to their server and exclude all the additional sender addresses you want to and those will never reach your desktop email either. You will need Outlook or a similar desktop (“client”) program to download your email to your desktop. And you will have your own domain name forever as long as you pay the monthly fee. For example, if your name is Sally Smith you could buy a domain name like Smith-Florida.com and set Sally@Smith-Florida.com as your email address and get very little spam even if you mistakenly gave your email address to a spammer. My email address has been published on my website for over 20 years, and when I was working my site had many pages and got around 200 visitors per day, but using my domain name email, I get almost no spam and never have.