View Single Post

Old 11-22-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
As the first post mention there is a tee time reservation system (villages.net). When I visited and got my guest passes the Villages had the form to fill out to join this system. But, I also suggest, you ask a neighbor how to fill this out and see if there is not already groups in your neighborhood who already play and they could include you in their group. That is how I got started, eventually learned the online system for myself. This system is for both executive courses and championship courses. This web site also has a scrolling alert if there are any weather or frost delays.

If you plan on playing the executive courses you should purchase a trail pass (again something I was offered the form to fill out when I got my guest pass). Otherwise it is $4 per round on the executive courses. The championship courses don't have a separate trail fee.

I have heard that they give priority to guest pass holders in this reservation system. They want you to be happy. They are generous with rain checks, any slight rain before you finish 5th hole is good for a check.

The other post mentioned the wave system. On championship courses they send out players in waves on all three nines (dawn to 9:30 am). Then the players finish the front nine they go to another 9. So, there are no tee times opening up until the afternoon wave (noon to 2 pm). So plan on playing in morning or afternoon waves. The executive courses are just straight tee times.

Executive courses are rated by how hard they are, 4 levels of difficulty. I was amazed at how hard they can be, sand traps in front of the entire green, long carries over water (depends on which tees you use). I figured they would be like the flat and featureless par 3 courses I had seen up north.
Why buy a trail pass for the executive courses? Walk and it is free!!! The only people who should ride on exec courses are those with a physical disability. Golf is meant to be for walking, not riding!