View Single Post

Old 11-23-2021, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Question Will the Villages ever bring back katie Belle's?

The newer villagers probably haven't heard of Katie Belle's which was a Villager only unique 2 story country dance hall with 2 restaurants located in Spanish Springs. For many it was the place to go and bring out of town guests. Down stairs there was a large dance floor with a raised stage and casual dining around the floor to watch the dancers. Upstairs was a fine dinning restaurant “Cattle Barren” overlooking the dance floor. There was a live band everyday. Katie Belles was unique, everyone we knew loved it and I'm sure it had a lot to do with many of us buying our first home here; but for some reason The Villages closed it. In our opinion, and everyone else we talk to, it was and remains The Villages biggest mistake. I guess I should also say the Villages built an outstanding community and I don't think they make many mistakes. As The Villages grew, many hoped they would build a new Katie Belle's and it seemed like a wonderful location was Brownwood across the street from Blue Fin. Of course we know that isn't going to happen since we will be graced with some other restaurant serving health food I think. The excitement is really building on this!!!!

But, besides bringing back a sore subject for many, it turns out The Villages announced in today's (11/23/21) paper they are planning to put apartments in the Van Patten building were Katie Belle's was located.

Just wondering what others think about the old Katie Belle's and The Villages building a new one – Someplace? Who knows, maybe someone who counts will read this and listen. I think the advertisement value of Katie Belle's far exceeded the restaurant profit.