Thread: Drugs
View Single Post

Old 11-30-2021, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
As long as people crave illegal drugs there will be demand. Just like smoking or alcoholic’s, druggies can’t or rarely can stop. Joint smokers claim it’s harmless and they can stop any time, but the never do.
Making them legal will at least bring some monetary benefit to the states. Also joint smokers are not people who stop smoking. Ex-joint smokers are people who stop smoking. I used to smoke pot back in the 1970's, for several years, almost daily. I stopped smoking it because I stopped finding it entertaining. Basically I "got over it." Didn't need rehab, didn't need to get arrested or hit "rock bottom" like alcoholics are known to need, didn't suffer withdrawal, wasn't ever addicted in the first place.

While millions of people have died from liver damage and other direct illness from alcohol abuse, no one has ever died from direct illness resulting from cannabis abuse. Abuse is abuse, no matter what you're abusing. That doesn't mean everything you can abuse should be illegal.

If that was the case, sex would be illegal. Guns would be illegal. Bad fashion would be illegal. Shoes would be illegal. Sugar would definitely be illegal. So would bread. ALL of these things can be abused. And all of them are (thankfully) legal.