View Single Post

Old 12-04-2021, 09:13 AM
Default We love the are north of 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf54 View Post
Hi

We former Villager’s that lived between 466a and 44 for 8 years. We left because looking for something quieter….and now are missing all the things we loved about TV.

We have started looking going as far down as Palmer, but feel that once you cross 466 everything quiets down, less traffic, etc.

I am a golfer and my favorite golf courses in TV are all north on BV, plus TDS. Is there any blue tee groups that primarily play north? Always loved playing Lopez, but didn't look forward to the 10 mile trek.

Has there been a lot of turnover in residents? Are new residents welcomed with open arms? Are the neighborhood social groups active? I realize the average will be higher than the southern neighborhoods, but there are old 65 y/o and young 75 y/o (especially it TV).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul
We are living in Chatham and indeed the pace of life is quieter. Very close to Lopez and Glenview courses and 4 executive courses. There is some turn over of houses and so an increase in the number of younger residents (including me).

When we bought, and before we moved in, we were invited to our neighborhood social group. A monthly pot luck and pokino game. There is also a Chatham monthly social group that is active. When we closed we only had a week in the house before returning home, but in that week my wife got to play with the regular Saturday women's golf. I joined the men's version but did not play because of the timing of the electronic golf sign up. I was amazed and impressed.

They are building a new Rec center up here, the First Responders Rec center. A resort style pool, Putt and Play course, lawn bows/croquet green, pickle ball, platform tennis and shuffleboard. This is on the west side of Buena Vista, where we already have an adult pool and a children's pool.

I am sure you can find a blue tee group to play with. Mine use to play blue but have moved to white as they aged. I am sure the pro at Lopez could help. As well as posting here and just asking around.

I would encourage you to come join us up north, way up north in the Villages.