View Single Post

Old 12-19-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I have thought about repainting our gutters as well. They are also chalking. I am interested in the prep process to remove the chalking. Also, any guesses on the cost for both repainting or replacing approximately 100 feet of guttering?
Replacing cost depends on the size of the gutter and length. 6 inch gutter is more expensive than 5 inch but handles 30% to 40% more water. I had about 120 ft of 6 inch gutter and 2 downspouts installed for about a grand. The Gutter Guys did the installation.

Removing the chalking will require mild soap and a lot of scrubbing. You might could use a little less scrubbing if using a solution of TSP but TSP requires some safety precautions and you have to be careful with what is below you and whether you want to kill it or not. You might could also use a pressure washer but I would be afraid that I would shoot water under the shingles or into the soffit, or damage shingles/siding with a pressure washer. And if you have vinyl siding, it is easy to force water under/behind the siding with a pressure washer.