Thread: Flat Par-3s?
View Single Post

Old 12-25-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Thank you Luggage, yes - my question was serious. I am the OP. The "jealous non-villager" is a friend of mine. I know where she lives, and I know the golf courses she golfs . She lives in a community very much like the villages only much smaller. And on a huge lake full of boating and skiing and tubing. Tellico Village in Tennessee. The three golf 18-hole golf courses they have are meticulous and gorgeous and challenging, filled with very few par-3's. The terrain undulates and moves uphill, downhill, through and over deep gulches and across water. Not ponds, but a large body of lake water. A former New Yorker, she is not jealous of The Villages because she already lives in a similar place but does not care for the crowds and congestion compared to her current area.

Anyhow, the entire purpose of the post was because she mentioned her opinion of the courses in the Villages and since I have only golfed a very few of them, I thought I would validate / invalidate her opinion by gathering intel from those of you who have golfed far more than just a few of the courses in The Villages.

Thank you all for your input and insights.
The executive courses are rated, 1-4 I believe, 4 being more difficult. As one commenter mentioned, perhaps she’s been on one’s. The harder the exec course, the more likely to have 1-2 oar 4’s.

That said, as many commented, fl is not like her tn topography. But I’d suggest she try Roosevelt or Truman next time here. Then there is volusia, escambia, okeechobee that have some more hilly holes but I don’t believe there difficulty is rated as high as Truman/Roosevelt (going from memory tho, fyi).