View Single Post

Old 01-03-2022, 06:52 AM
Default Use all available resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
I'm coming down from Minnesota the second week of January to look for a winter home. I have a meeting set up with Ira Miller, the real estate guy and with a representative from the villages for new homes, anyone else you would suggest I meet with while I am down here? Tks in advance.
Hey there, I relocated from Minnesota in October. Nell 57 gave really good advice. I started out with a Villages sales rep. I believe only they can show you homes that are listed on Villages Listing Service (including all new homes), and they did push the new homes over previously owned. I wanted a home without a Bond payment and I ended up buying through a local realtor and was very happy with the process. You can purchase previously owned homes through the Villages reps, but you'll only see the ones whose owners listed on VLS. I found the VLS selection a bit limited at the time I was looking, so I moved on to searching MLS on my own. I found my home using Movoto. I liked that site's interface including really helpful selection filters. That said, there are many good real estate sites. I also talked to a lot of really helpful people during my search, both Villages employees and non. I found it really helpful to hear different perspectives. Good luck with your search and SKOL Vikings.

Last edited by OronocoCharlie; 01-03-2022 at 07:27 AM.