View Single Post

Old 01-03-2022, 02:59 PM

Just a little update.

Then came my overdose. Before we even started my second eval, I did something I have done a million times when I was a younger man (get your head out of the gutter, not that!), throw a ball windmill-fastpitch into the fence. Snap, oh ****. Rolled my bicep. All my hopes of hoisting the championship trophy, gone, in an instant.

Into rehab I went (actually, home, tail between my legs) for the next 3 weeks. I got the itch again and decided that after the pain subsided that i would try again. They don't do anything for a torn bicep unless you are an actor, pro-athlete or dry-waller. I'm too ugly to be an actor, too old to be a pro-athlete and dry walling sounds like work. I started attending meetings (BP and Eval) again. Swing was starting to come around, though at that point I was walking around like the guy in the old ex lax commercials since my legs haven't seen real physical activity in over 15 years. At my last eval, i was crushing the ball out of the park and gave them no choice but to put me in D1, though too late for the coveted draft.

That's when my wife checked me into a different, experimental rehab (cryotherapy) based way up North in Minnesota. They claimed 100% efficacy since nobody can think about softball with a snow shovel in their hands, -12 F and icicles hanging from their nose. I emerged from this rehab on Dec 31 a changed man.

On January 1, I returned to TV, but within a few hours I relapsed. This may be the death of me.

Please help