View Single Post

Old 01-04-2022, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
Most of the responses are against testing and for many good reasons. I would have heartedly agreed 2 days ago. As of yesterday I still agree, however, not to the same degree. Yesterday I was feeling like crap. I had a stuffy runny nose, coughing, sneezing, a slight headache and a slight back ache. I happen to have 2 BinaxNOW tests kits which I bought a few months ago. So I opened one and did the test. I was expecting a negative result – probably a cold or maybe some flu symptoms. No such luck it came up positive. I immediately texted my doctor to see what, if anything, I should do. He has not, as yet, gotten back to me. I will take the second test next Saturday to see if it comes up negative. In the meantime, given that I know I have it I won’t be running around spreading it. Yesterday the symptoms were mild, not so much last night. I didn’t get any sleep as it was difficult breathing with my stuffed up nostrils and my temperature fluctuated between 99 and 102. And yes, I had both Pfizer shots and the booster. So yes, I do agree that most of this testing hysteria is uncalled for but there are a few instances where it may be prudent.
Thank you for your post - sincerely.

A question: Since the test came back positive you won't be running around to spread it. What if the test had come back negative, would you have wandered out into public with a cold or flu? Perhaps a good approach for everyone is to not venture into public if you have symptoms of a cold, flu, or covid.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough