View Single Post

Old 01-05-2022, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

I've been using my Anova sous vide for 3 years now, and just did a sirloin tip roast that I finished tonight. I put it in for 26hr at 130º. Removed it from the Anova and placed in ice water bath for 20 minutes. Removed from bag and put in fridge uncovered for 1.5 hrs to dry surface. Coated with grapeseed oil and sprinkled with Kinders "The Blend", and browned over the grills infrared burner. I sliced it thin with my slicer. You don't have to refrigerate it after removing from bath, but it makes it a lot easier to slice like shaved steak. Did the same a couple of weeks ago with a cheap bottom round roast with the same results.....tender, moist and flavorful meat that rivals much more expensive cuts. So far my favorite has been a tri tip, and chicken breast is phenomenal. Also works great for more expensive cuts as it cooks the meat from edge to edge to exactly the degree of doneness you like, and since it's an already tender cut, 1 to 4 hours is all that's needed. Now, 26 hours sounds like a lot of work, but all your doing is setting the temp and time, and coming back to it 26 hours later. There are recipes for vegetables, ice cream, even creme brulee. Try sous vide. You'll like it