View Single Post

Old 01-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Good morning, Two Bills,

You Brits get up too early in the morning. I can’t even begin to think of a snappy comeback to your vegan friend’s problem. And, yes, we did have a “negative” sous vide experience yesterday. And that is the first negative comment in this thread so I understand why you felt you had to report it.

I think I will go back to sleep now. But first, I must do something terribly tacky — by quoting my own post. (I read somewhere a long time ago that it is ill-mannered to quote oneself on a forum.)

But (sigh) I must now commit this faux pas by repeating the desperate question I asked late last night in post #52 because I am so angst-ridden over my rump (roast) and I don’t want my question to be overlooked because I really want some help.

Boomer

Here it goes — again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hello, my name is Boomer. I am a carnivore.

I need advice.

The rump roast did not turn out like we had hoped.

It was in for 24 hours. It came out nicely pink, with a decent flavor — which was due to the seasoning before it went in.

But it was a little chewy — not awful — but not great. And we were doing so well with all the other things we have tried since we got into this very recently.

The rump roast has been sliced very thin and will be OK, warmed, and topped with a mix of sour cream and creamy horseradish, or in a sandwich with something else.

But what did we do wrong?

It was seared first. That was our first time searing first instead of after.

Stayed in for 24 hours. Was that not long enough?

Did we expect too much of a rump roast?

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-07-2022 at 08:04 AM.