View Single Post

Old 01-10-2022, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
We just bought a home in TV. We have a softener here in Indiana due to very hard water. What would be the best to have? We only want to do one of these options.
"We have a softener here in Indiana due to very hard water." So you are experienced with it. The water in the Villages is listed as good, I checked before moving here. We are ex-New Yorkers and New York has famously GREAT water. Water in the Villages, out of the tap tastes like Florida water. We do not have a filter or a water softener. For drinking and cooking we have a filtered tap on the door of our refrigerator. With QUALITY filters the water tastes fine to me and I am demanding. For laundry, adding BORAX to your wash helps with cleaning your clothes.

My view for all this sort of question, I would wait till you get here to make such decisions. There are many options. As we have chosen to do, the refrigerator filter.
Some people install filters under the kitchen sink. Again quality filters do a better job for taste and the filters need to be regularly changed.

A water softener, first of all needs a place to be-space in your garage and they typically back flush. It needs a place to dump that water.