View Single Post

Old 01-12-2022, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry F2 View Post
The best thing you can do to your mailbox is to make (print)
your name (paper) in bold lettering with your address (no city or zip) on it.
Make it as big as possible be still fit INSIDE your little mailbox door.
Tape that INSIDE your mailbox door and it would be a great help to your letter carrier in putting the correct letters in the correct box. Remember most of the letter carriers in
The Villages are contractors hired by the postal service to work just your Postal Station.
They are not US Postal Letter Carriers (Federal Employees) there is a big difference.
The person who delivers our mail (CG) does a great job. How she keeps up with all new houses every couple of weeks has to be hard.
That really isn't any help without a flashlight. I was our mailroom around Christmas and there is no way you can see inside to the little door when it is closed to see a name or address without shining a flashlight inside it. Addresses are all marked in the mailroom over each box although that doesn't always help because another family with the same house number on a different street often gets my mail which is why I "took a tour" of the mailroom. She said it was simply due to the part-timers not being careful as each address is very obvious on each box.

However I am tired of getting the previous owner's mail. Now I get 12 cremation letters every week instead of 6!
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.