Thread: Feral Hogs
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2022, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
There are no PERFECT answers. "Legally hunt these hogs." Sooner or later we will read someone injured. A wild hog is actually a dangerous animal. There is a,"sport," of hunting them with pistols. Poison? Sooner or later someone's dog, pet camel? will eat it.

Swamp people? Like so many reality TV shows they make far more for the videos than for alligators. So many such shows. Antique road show. Yup we only drove 3,000 mile to buy this item for $1,000 and I'll bet we can get $1300 for it. That will pay our mortgage, staff of four plus. Pawn stars-no I will pay you more than you are asking. My expert-he is not only waiting for me to call but he gladly works for free.
I've heard that some people use spears to hunt feral hogs. No thanks. No way am I getting within a few feet of one of those with just a pointed stick.

My son (who is moving down here in a few months) and I have talked about hunting them. I used to make sausage, and pork (wild or not) is the primary ingredient in the sausages I made. If we do it will be with a weapon that has a bit more range than a spear.